The Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish Cemetery has been long regarded to be a sacred place trusted with the eternal care for the communities loved ones. In the early 1900’s, as the Chicagoland Jewish population moved north, Shalom Memorial Park Jewish Cemetery was established to provide a local Jewish Cemetery option.
As a Jewish cemetery, Shalom Memorial Park is a cemetery that it designed to be the final resting place for all members of the Chicagoland Jewish Community. Shalom Memorial features Jewish Cemetery Sections for Jews of all level of observance from Shomer Shabbos, to conservative, to reform.
Shalom Memorial’s sister cemetery, Randhill Park Cemetery offers interfaith Jewish families a meaningful option to be together within the same memorial grounds.
A special feature of the Shalom Memorial Park Jewish Cemetery is the traditional section layout. In most section of our Jewish Cemetery there is a two-foot path that allows visitation without having to walk on any existing burial. Additionally, our Jewish Cemetery features a Kohanim section along the exterior edge of the property that allows attendance at a burial without having to enter the Jewish Cemetery grounds.
Of course, as a Jewish Cemetery, Shalom Memorial Park maintains a dedicated entrance off of Wilke Road and is closed in observance Shabbat and of Major Jewish holidays.
Shalom Memorial Park is a long standing member of the Jewish Cemetery Association of North America, https://jcana.org/.
SHALOM MEMORIAL PARK
Jewish Cemetery Remembrance Plaque
Jewish Cemetery Bronze Memorial
Migdal Tower Jewish Cemetery Feature
House of the Living
On the entrance gates to our Jewish Cemetery read the words in both English and Hebrew “House of the Living”. This is to acknowledge that as a caring Jewish Cemetery we serve both the loved ones entrusted to our care and those family and friends who mourn and remember. This is the sacred duty of all Jewish Cemeteries.