Last Updated: 12-01-2022
Personal Data / Personal Information. “Personal Data / Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or describes, directly or indirectly, a particular individual, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number.
By submitting information to the website or to any memorial page or guest book, you attest that you have full rights of publication, and that your submission does not infringe on existing any copyright or trademark. You further agree that if any dispute arises with regards your submission’s copyright, trademark, or ownership rights, we are to be held harmless and you will incur any/all legal costs arising from the submission and publication of said content.
By submitting content, you give us explicit rights for us to publish, retain, share the text based or image submission. This right remains enforced until such time as the submitter’s written instruction is received. If permission is rescinded, allow for up to sixty days for content removal.
Information You Provide. We may collect and store the following Personal Information when you submit it through the website using any submission tool or digital form. We may use this information for regular business purposes (including analytics, security, marketing) and as described more specifically below:
- Personally Identifiable Information. We receive personally identifiable information / identifiers that you provide to us (including but not limited to your name, relations, next of kin, address, phone number, email address, physical address, date of birth) and use them to respond to your requests; to fulfill your request for yahrzeit notifications; to fulfill your orders for merchandise and services; to communicate with you for marketing and informational purposes (you may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by using the unsubscribe link located in the sent email); to provide you with the products and services you request from us and to provide you with information about our products and services that you request from us or that may be of potential interest.
- Message Content. We collect the messages you submit to us through all forms and sign-ups, service requests, messages, and purchases that you would like us to provide to delivery recipients, and delivery instructions. We use this information to respond to and fulfill your requests, and to improve our website and our service and merchandise offerings.
- Images and Visual Information. We receive digital photographs you submit, or submitted on your behalf, through the website. We post this information to public areas of the website at your direction. Digital photographs displayed within the website can be removed at the instruction of the memorial page owner.
- Financial Information. We may receive financial information (such as payment card and bank account information) to process payments for merchandise and services you purchase on the website or purchase through pre-need or at-need cemetery or funeral arrangements contracts.
- Transactions. We collect and generate commercial transaction information (such as records of merchandise and services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies) when you make purchases on the website. We use this information to fulfill your orders, to improve our service and merchandise offerings, in our marketing efforts, and for internal reporting purposes.
- Location Information. Some of the information we collect, such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, may be used to estimate an approximate location of the device you are using to access our website in order to enhance and personalize the features and functionality of our website and service offerings.
- Aggregated Information. We may de-identify or aggregate data and may use and disclose it for any business purpose.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under State or Federal Law. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we may collect your age, gender, ethnicity, religion, and veteran status for the purposes of providing you products and determining your service preferences and in order to market products and services we think would be of interest to you.
- Mailing Lists When you complete any form on the website or take certain other actions on the website, you will have the option of joining our mailing list. You may also sign up independently to join our mailing list, and we will ask you to provide your email address and your name. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of all our mass emails or by emailing email@example.com with “unsubscribe” in the subject heading and we will remove your email address and name from our lists. We will act quickly to implement such requests but please note there may be time lags of up to a month to remove names from our database.
Business Partner Provided Information. We may receive some of the personal identifiers, message content, and commercial transaction information listed above from third-party business partners (such as food, memorial tree, floral, memorial, or insurance providers) related to your transactions with them that involve us providing you with merchandise or services. The website may also permit you to log-in and connect to the website with your social media account (such as Instagram, Facebook), and we collect profile information about you from that social media website that you have made publicly available. We use this profile information for the same purposes as when we receive the information directly from you, as described above.
- Web Beacons: Certain pages on the Website contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. Web beacons may also be used to track whether you have opened an HTML email. When the email is opened, a part of the code that makes up the HTML page calls a web server to load the web beacon that then generates a record showing that the email has been viewed. Web beacons may also recognize when the email was opened, how many times it was forwarded and which URLs (links within the email) were clicked.
- Digital Cookies: A digital “cookie” is a small data file that we transfer to your browser or mobile device. Most browsers provide controls allowing you to block receipt of cookies, to delete cookies, or to be prompted before cookies are received. Please note that, if you delete or choose not to receive cookies from our website, the functionality of the website may be impaired.
Advertising and Analytics
You may choose not to receive some interest-based advertising by submitting opt-outs.
Retention of Personal Information
Protection of Personal Information
We employ reasonable security measures to secure and protect the information we receive. Please remember, though, that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure.
What Personal Information is Shared
We may provide business partners, affiliates, and third parties with the Personal Information we collect (as described above) for our business purposes to assist us in providing products and services to you, including to delivery annual yahrzeit notifications, process transactions, deliver products, or to help us market products and services to you.
We also disclose Personal Information as described below:
To Provide, Protect, and Improve the Website, Merchandise, and Services. We disclose Personal Information as necessary to operate our business, such as to third-party service providers and affiliates in connection with providing services to you or processing your transactions.
To Comply with the Law and Legal Process. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary in our judgment to comply with a legal obligation.
Social Media Features
Information You May Share with Social Networking Websites. The website may provide options allowing you to share information with social networking websites, such as Facebook. Their use of the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies, and we are not responsible for how they treat the information.
No Use by Children Under the Age of 18
The website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use our website.
By visiting the Site or using the Services, you agree that the laws of the State of Illinois and of the United States of America, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Agreement and any dispute of any sort that might arise.
Dispute Resolution : Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be settled by binding arbitration in Northbrook, Illinois, and administered by an arbitration body and in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, codified in chapter 1 of Title 9 of the United States Code, as amended, to the exclusion of state laws inconsistent therewith or that would produce a different result, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof. Except as may be required by law or to the extent necessary in connection with judicial challenge, or enforcement of an award, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, record or results of an arbitration.
Privacy Related Questions
For privacy-related questions, contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
1700 West Rand Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60004